Recent Updates Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • stgeorgehss 9:05 am on January 25, 2011 Permalink | Reply  

    About Us 

    ST. GEORGE’S HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL a prestigious institution, that has carved a new niche in the history of sports in India, lies in the foothills of High Ranges. The School has brought the tiny township of Kothamangalam into the Athletics Map of the Country. Mr. Raju Paul, School’s Physical Education Teacher, puts his heart and soul to the task of training the athletes who have responded with luminous performances in various Athletics Meets at the State, National and International levels. He has produced outstanding athletes in Olympian Sini Jose, Binish B V, and Jalan P. S, Shalin Joseph, Jigimol Jacob, Binish K Shaji, Lukmal Hakim K, Vikas Chandran, Neethu Rajan and Indulekha E.M. The great saga of the success the school has achieved is the result of hard work, dedication, Prayer and the will to fulfill the dreams of millions of Indians spots lovers.

    The School provides quality education to its students and aims their integral development at intellectual, physical and moral levels. Sports and Games contribute the maximum to the foremost aim of education – to inculcate a healthy mind in a healthy body. The school provides its students with a robust, vibrant and holistic training to achieve this aim.

     
  • stgeorgehss 8:44 am on January 25, 2011 Permalink | Reply  

    Hello world! 

    St. George’s Higher Secondary School is an aided school and a minority institution under the management of The Corporate Educational Agency, the Diocese of Kothamangalam. The Bishop of Kothamangalam, Mar. George Punnakottil, is Our Patron.

    The School was founded in 1936 as St. George’s English Middle School. The School began its academic activities on 04 – 06 – 1936 and its first Head Master was Mr. M O Vareed Menacheri and the first School Manager was Rev Fr. Joseph Menachery. There were 5 teachers and 144 students at the outset. Sree Chithirathirunal Maharaja, the famous ruler of Thiruvithamkur Kingdom, once visited the School as the fame of the School spread.

    The first Batch of students appeared for the S S L C Examination in 1940. The School was upgraded as a Higher Secondary in 1998. The School Higher Secondary has five Batches – two Science Biology Batches, a Science Computer Batch, a Commerce Batch and a Humanities Batch.

    When the Corporate Educational Agency of the Diocese of Kothamangalam came into Existence in 1966 February 25th, the School became the Central School of the Corporate Educational Agency.

    The Secretary of The Corporate Educational Agency, Very Rev. Fr. Kuriakose Kodakallil, as well as School Manager Very Rev. Fr. Thomas Periyapuram, the Vicar of the Cathedral of St. George, Kothamangalam, foster and administer the School.

     
    • Mr WordPress 8:44 am on January 25, 2011 Permalink | Reply

      Hi, this is a comment.
      To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
Reply
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t
Go to top
l
Go to login
h
Show/Hide help
shift + esc
Cancel